Market - Apartments
Avalon 555 President, Baltimore City, MD
- Geotechnical engineering, environmental consulting, and construction observation and testing services during construction of the foundation of the 23-story, 550,000-SF, 380-unit apartment building with ground level retail space, and seven-story parking garage.
- Geotechnical services included design of the drilled pier deep foundation system for the structure. GTA oversaw the installation and performance of over 100 drilled piers ranging from 2.5 to 5-foot diameter, and 50 to 120 feet.
Ronald McDonald House, Baltimore City, MD
- Environmental services, subsurface exploration, and installation of borehole inclinometers for the new six-story, 60,000-SF Ronald McDonald House structure in Historic Jonestown
- Provided recommendations for construction of the two-story, below-grade garage which would be in close proximity to historic buildings, originally constructed in the 18th and 19th centuries
- Construction observation and testing services
- Named Best in Real Estate by Baltimore Business Journal. Received Award of Excellence by MBIA, LDC and NAIOP, MD Best Community Impact
1769 Jerome Avenue, Bronx Borough, NY
- Geotechnical engineering, support of excavation (SOE) design, special inspection services including deep foundation load testing, and review of Site Safety Plans for the new 16-story, 144,000-SF mixed-use building with 175 affordable residential units, a footprint of approximately 15,000 SF, and partial cellar level 10 feet below the sidewalk level.
- The building is supported by a combination of footings bearing on rock and 180-ton caisson piles socketed into the highly weathered rock.
The Highlands, Arlington County, VA
- Part of the West Rosslyn Area Plan Study (WRAPS), a County-driven and community-involved redevelopment opportunity.
- Geotechnical engineering, environmental consulting, and COT services for the 1,200,000-SF above grade complex with three high-rise towers containing upscale condominium and luxury apartment communities, and ground floor retail. The complex also includes four levels of below grade parking for approximately 1,050 cars.
Atwater Village, Chester County, PA
- Geotechnical and environmental consulting and COT services for the 147-acre mixed-use development with 549 single, twin, and townhomes, nine apartment buildings, a daycare facility, and four commercial pad sites.
- Saved the client an estimated cost of over $2,000,000.
Village South at Waugh Chapel, Anne Arundel County, MD
- Drilling, lab testing, geotechnical engineering, environmental consulting, & COT services for the 100-acre, 1.2 million-SF residential, retail, & commercial development, located at the site of a former sand & gravel mine reclaimed with fly ash.
- Site issues encountered included: fly ash fill, loose fly ash, uncontrolled fill, a stump dump, a deep mined hole, a tall retaining wall on uncontrolled fill, an existing deep sewer with poor backfill, and a proposed deep sewer close to a building.
Creekside Village, Anne Arundel County, MD
- Geotechnical engineering, environmental consulting, COT services for the 161-acre community with 820 single-family homes and townhome lots, 208 apartment units within six buildings, two clubhouses, & two swimming pools.
- Named “Community of the Year,” by MBIA Land Development Council.
- Received the “Excellence in Construction Award, New Project Over $10 Million,” from Baltimore Metro Chapter of the Associated Builders and Contractors, Inc.
The Residences at Mid-Town Park, City of Wilmington, DE
- Subsurface exploration, laboratory testing, geotechnical engineering, and COT services.
- Shear wave tests and post construction dewatering recommendations for foundation and pavement design.
- 417,000-SF, 3 levels of underground parking for 511-cars, requiring excavations of about 32 to 44 feet.
- 5-story and a 7-story buildings connected by pedestrian bridge, retail, 198 apartment units, elevated courtyard, and resort-style swimming pool.
6410 Arlington Boulevard, Falls Church, VA
- Geotechnical engineering, retaining wall design, environmental consulting, & COT services for 2 stories of below-grade parking, & 5 stories above-grade w/ apartments, retail, & townhouses.
- Obstacles included adjacent parking garage w/ uncertain foundation conditions, adjacent below grade parking garage which could not receive additional lateral loading, existing fill and loose, wet soil conditions.
- COT for this project fell under the stringent guidelines of Fairfax County’s Special Inspection Program.
Point Street Apartments, Baltimore City, MD
- Geotechnical engineering, environmental consulting, and COT services for the 270,000-SF, 17-story apartment building with a one-level, 40,000-SF below grade parking garage, and 18,000 SF of retail space on the first floor.
- The foundations for the project include over 300 driven, environmental concentric closed-end steel pipe piles filled with concrete.