Market - Commercial
Avocet Tower, Montgomery County, MD
- GTA provided geotechnical and environmental consulting services.
- 22-story, 520,000-GSF mixed-use building with 220-key AC Hotel by Marriott, 370,000-SF office tower, and 2-story underground parking garage.
Yard 56, Baltimore City, MD
- Geotechnical engineering, environmental consulting, and construction observation and testing services for the 20-acre, award-winning mixed-use redevelopment of the former PEMCO Industrial manufacturing plant to include retail, office, and residential facilities.
- GTA worked to develop foundation and earthwork recommendations for structures supported in the native clayey soils, and an up to 40-foot-deep industrial landfill along the western portion of the property.
- Named “Best in Real Estate” by Baltimore Business Journal.
Avalon 555 President, Baltimore City, MD
- Geotechnical engineering, environmental consulting, and construction observation and testing services during construction of the foundation of the 23-story, 550,000-SF, 380-unit apartment building with ground level retail space, and seven-story parking garage.
- Geotechnical services included design of the drilled pier deep foundation system for the structure. GTA oversaw the installation and performance of over 100 drilled piers ranging from 2.5 to 5-foot diameter, and 50 to 120 feet.
2100 S. Tyron Street Office Building, Mecklenburg County, NC
- Four-story, 80,000-SF office building in the vibrant South End District of Charlotte.
- Geotechnical engineering, construction materials testing, and special inspections for the building and its surrounding site, including geo-pier foundation system design and installation monitoring.
The Highlands, Arlington County, VA
- Part of the West Rosslyn Area Plan Study (WRAPS), a County-driven and community-involved redevelopment opportunity.
- Geotechnical engineering, environmental consulting, and COT services for the 1,200,000-SF above grade complex with three high-rise towers containing upscale condominium and luxury apartment communities, and ground floor retail. The complex also includes four levels of below grade parking for approximately 1,050 cars.
Village South at Waugh Chapel, Anne Arundel County, MD
- Drilling, lab testing, geotechnical engineering, environmental consulting, & COT services for the 100-acre, 1.2 million-SF residential, retail, & commercial development, located at the site of a former sand & gravel mine reclaimed with fly ash.
- Site issues encountered included: fly ash fill, loose fly ash, uncontrolled fill, a stump dump, a deep mined hole, a tall retaining wall on uncontrolled fill, an existing deep sewer with poor backfill, and a proposed deep sewer close to a building.
M-NCPPC Wheaton Headquarters, Montgomery County, MD
- Environmental & geotechnical consulting during design, and environmental services during site excavation & construction.
- $170 million, 308,000-SF office building with a 4-story underground parking garage, 1st floor retail, 14-stories of office space, Town Square, and transit connection.
- USGBC LEED Platinum certified.
- A geothermal heating/cooling system was installed beneath the parking garage; this is one of the first such applications in MD.
Big Chill Beach Club, Sussex County, DE
- Public/private joint venture between DNREC and La Vida Hospitality Group.
- 200-seat oceanfront restaurant and event facility located at Delaware Seashore State Park.
- Geotechnical engineering; electronic Cone Penetration Test (CPT) soundings extending upwards to 100 feet deep; COT services including Class B timber and 12×12-inch concrete pile installation, vibration monitoring during pile installation, and site visits and reports for bank draws.
The Residences at Mid-Town Park, City of Wilmington, DE
- Subsurface exploration, laboratory testing, geotechnical engineering, and COT services.
- Shear wave tests and post construction dewatering recommendations for foundation and pavement design.
- 417,000-SF, 3 levels of underground parking for 511-cars, requiring excavations of about 32 to 44 feet.
- 5-story and a 7-story buildings connected by pedestrian bridge, retail, 198 apartment units, elevated courtyard, and resort-style swimming pool.
6410 Arlington Boulevard, Falls Church, VA
- Geotechnical engineering, retaining wall design, environmental consulting, & COT services for 2 stories of below-grade parking, & 5 stories above-grade w/ apartments, retail, & townhouses.
- Obstacles included adjacent parking garage w/ uncertain foundation conditions, adjacent below grade parking garage which could not receive additional lateral loading, existing fill and loose, wet soil conditions.
- COT for this project fell under the stringent guidelines of Fairfax County’s Special Inspection Program.