Market - Defense Structures
Dover Air Force Base, Air Traffic Control Tower Replacement, Dover, DE
- Subsurface exploration and COT services for a new 9-level Air Traffic Control Tower.
- Geotechnical investigation included a 120-foot-deep boring for evaluation of deep foundation options.
- Special inspections during construction consisted of concrete testing, structural steel inspection, and evaluation of fire-proofing materials.
- Structural steel observations during the demolition of the former Air Traffic Control Tower.
APG, Littoral Warfare Environmental Test Facility, APG, MD
- 400’ x 100’, 20’‑deep, excavated pond with a 6’ wave machine for testing amphibious vehicles for beachfront assaults at Aberdeen Proving Grounds, MD.
- Services included geotechnical explorations and recommendations, design of a 32’ tall reinforced earth retaining wall, and slope stability analysis for the dynamic forces imposed by underwater charges of up to 500 pounds of TNT equivalent.
- Piezometers were installed to depths of 50’ to evaluate groundwater levels.