Market - Government & Institutional
Sussex Consortium School, Sussex County, DE
- This $44M school on 26 acres combines a traditional pre-school with a special needs school.
- GTA provided geotechnical engineering and construction observation and testing services for the 111,000-SF, two-story school with 46 classrooms, two gymnasiums, an indoor pool, and associated site improvements.
MICA, 100 Dolphin Street, Baltimore City, MD
- $7.5M, award-winning Maryland Institute College of Art facility located in the historic Baltimore neighborhood of Bolton Hill, surrounded by Howard Street, Mt. Royal Avenue, the MTA Light Rail, B&O Railroad, CSX Railroad Howard Street tunnel, and a cluster of buildings.
- Geotechnical engineering for the new 5-story, 25,000-SF building planned in the approximate footprint of an existing active, 3-story academic building.
- Construction observation and testing services during the fast-paced, 13-month demolition and construction period.
Wastewater Treatment Plant Equalization Basin, City of Monroe, NC
- New 15-million-gallon earthen equalization basin on a 25-acre site to the west of the existing City of Monroe Wastewater Treatment Plant (WWTP), plus 36-inch force main approximately 600 linear feet into the basin and a 24-inch return line of approximately 250 linear feet.
- Geotechnical engineering including slope stability analysis, and construction observation and testing services.
Rehoboth City Hall, Sussex County, DE
- Construction observation and testing services for the new $21 million complex which includes the Parking Department and Communications Department building and City Hall.
- The approximately 50,000 SF, three-story building with basement construction entailed selective demolition of existing features while expanding the overall building footprint.
- Parking lot construction included porous pavement construction as an integrated feature of stormwater management for the project site.
Bowie Army Reserve Center, Charles County, MD
- 79,795-SF ARC training facility, 5,703-SF organization maintenance shop, and 5,163-SF storage building, and infrastructure, several parking lots, associated infrastructure, and SWM.
- GTA provided geotechnical consulting services including seismic site classification.
- GTA also provided construction observation and testing services during construction.
Chemours Discovery Hub, Newark, DE
- New three-story, 325,000-SF research facility.
- The project is a redevelopment of a portion of the former Chrysler manufacturing facility, now part of the University of Delaware’s Science Technology and Advanced Research (STAR) Campus.
- GTA provided environmental, geotechnical, construction observation and testing services.
Laurel Elementary School, Sussex County, DE
- 2019 ENR MidAtlantic Best Projects winner in the K-12 Education category.
- New $35.4M, 151,958-SF elementary school which accommodates 1,200-students.
- Geotechnical services, CPT soundings, SPT borings, infiltrometer testing, laboratory analysis.
- Construction testing for site grading, subgrade soils and utility construction; bituminous concrete pavement; laboratory testing; and structural steel.
Wanaque Municipal Building, Wanaque, NJ
- Subsurface exploration, geotechnical engineering, and environmental consulting services.
- New City Hall and Police Station with two 9,000-SF floors plus a half-occupied basement (27,000 SF).
- The facility houses administrative offices, the Municipal Court, and the Police Department.
M-NCPPC Wheaton Headquarters, Montgomery County, MD
- Environmental & geotechnical consulting during design, and environmental services during site excavation & construction.
- $170 million, 308,000-SF office building with a 4-story underground parking garage, 1st floor retail, 14-stories of office space, Town Square, and transit connection.
- USGBC LEED Platinum certified.
- A geothermal heating/cooling system was installed beneath the parking garage; this is one of the first such applications in MD.
Woodlawn Heights Public Library Addition and Renovation, Bronx, NY
- GTA-NY worked with the New York Public Library and New York Department of Design and Construction on the proposed renovation and addition.
- Our services included providing geotechnical design and construction recommendations for new foundation elements.
- We provided design alternatives to address an existing retaining wall foundation which encroached the proposed footprint of the library addition.