Market - Harbors & Shorelines
Paulsboro Marine Terminal Phase 2, Gloucester, NJ
- Two new deep-water berths totaling over 1,500 linear feet of wharf face along the Delaware River and one 500-foot barge berth on Mantua Creek.
- Quality control and observation and testing of site work, pile installation, reinforcing steel, cast-in-place concrete, post installed anchors, pre-cast concrete, and structural steel; laboratory testing; and engineering supervision and consultation.
Shoreline Restoration at Sunset Island, Ocean City, MD
- GTA provided construction observation, material testing, and annual monitoring services for this “Living Shoreline” restoration project including marsh plantings, sills, groins and jetties at Ocean City’s Sunset Island.
- In addition to the removal of a rubble-filled shoreline, mitigation measures included the complete removal of invasive common reed (Phragmites australis).
Four Seasons Hotel & Legg Mason Office Complex, Baltimore City, MD
- 22-Story luxury hotel and condominium tower and a 26-story office tower at Baltimore’s waterfront with 5-story below grade parking.
- Construction observation and testing included a slurry wall, mat foundation, post-tensioned concrete, micro-piles, caissons, and tie-back anchors.
- Geotechnical, environmental, and hydrogeological services including borings, monitoring wells, seismic analysis, and in-situ permeability testing.