Market - Hotel & Resort
Avocet Tower, Montgomery County, MD
- GTA provided geotechnical and environmental consulting services.
- 22-story, 520,000-GSF mixed-use building with 220-key AC Hotel by Marriott, 370,000-SF office tower, and 2-story underground parking garage.
Ripken Center, Stadium, and Courtyard & Residence Inn by Marriott, Aberdeen, MD
- Geotechnical engineering and COT services for the 155,000-SF, seven-story hotel, founded on 394 vibro-piers. Building design imitates the “Warehouse” building at Oriole Park at Camden Yards in Baltimore.
- Geotechnical engineering for the 44-acre summer camp including recommendations for foundations, slabs, retaining walls, pavements, and a stormwater management facility.
- Geotechnical engineering and COT services for the 6,300-seat Ripken Stadium, including the use of lime-stabilization of parking and drive areas for pavement support.
SpringHill Suites Uptown Hotel, Charlotte, NC
- GTA Associates, Inc. provided geotechnical engineering and construction observation and testing services for this 16-story, 195-key hotel.
Hyatt Place, Baltimore City, MD
- A 150,000-SF, 208-room hotel with ground floor retail space and a parking garage
- Performed Phase I and Phase II Environmental Site Assessments finding elevated concentrations of total arsenic and lead concentrations, polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PAHs) and hexavalent chromium in soil
- Approved as part of Maryland Voluntary Cleanup Program.
Camelback Ski Resort Lodge & Indoor Waterpark, Tannersville, PA
- This $163 million development includes a 125,000 sf Aquatopia Indoor Waterpark, 45,000 sf Arcadia Family Adventure Center, and 8-story 453-room, ski-in/ski-out Lodge with 20,000-SF of meeting and conference space and 3 restaurants.
- Services included construction observation and testing as well as geotechnical consultation.
- Awarded ‘2015 Project of the Year’ by the Lehigh Valley Section of ASCE for Outstanding Civil Engineering.
Four Seasons Hotel & Legg Mason Office Complex, Baltimore City, MD
- 22-Story luxury hotel and condominium tower and a 26-story office tower at Baltimore’s waterfront with 5-story below grade parking.
- Construction observation and testing included a slurry wall, mat foundation, post-tensioned concrete, micro-piles, caissons, and tie-back anchors.
- Geotechnical, environmental, and hydrogeological services including borings, monitoring wells, seismic analysis, and in-situ permeability testing.