Market - Infrastructure & Transportation
The Uplands Retaining Walls, Prince George’s County, MD
- Subsurface exploration, laboratory testing, geotechnical analysis, retaining wall design, and construction observation and testing services for the Uplands’ site at National Harbor.
- Designed a two-tier and a three-tier gravity retaining wall. The lowest tier’s maximum height is 16 feet high. The middle tier has a maximum height of 10 feet. The upper tier has a maximum height of 6 feet high.
Highway 274 Force Main Replacement, York County, SC
- Geotechnical engineering and natural resource services for the replacement and expansion of approximately 7.0 miles of force main.
- GTA obtained authorization from the South Carolina Department of Health and Environmental Control to install the utility line beneath state navigable waters.
CBDTP Infrastructure and Toll Collection System, Manhattan, NY
- As part of an open-end contract awarded to TransCore by the Metro Transit Authority Bridges and Tunnel, GTA is providing geotechnical, environmental, and natural resource consulting, and construction observation and testing services associated with a new toll collection system and the infrastructure necessary to support the system.
Avalon 555 President, Baltimore City, MD
- Geotechnical engineering, environmental consulting, and construction observation and testing services during construction of the foundation of the 23-story, 550,000-SF, 380-unit apartment building with ground level retail space, and seven-story parking garage.
- Geotechnical services included design of the drilled pier deep foundation system for the structure. GTA oversaw the installation and performance of over 100 drilled piers ranging from 2.5 to 5-foot diameter, and 50 to 120 feet.
Plantation Lakes, Sussex County, DE
- Geotechnical engineering, environmental consulting, wetland delineation, hydrogeologic services, and construction observation and testing services for the 664-acre, 2,510-unit Residential Planned Community (RPC), 18-hole Championship Golf Course, and 22,000-SF award-winning clubhouse
Paulsboro Marine Terminal Phase 2, Gloucester, NJ
- Two new deep-water berths totaling over 1,500 linear feet of wharf face along the Delaware River and one 500-foot barge berth on Mantua Creek.
- Quality control and observation and testing of site work, pile installation, reinforcing steel, cast-in-place concrete, post installed anchors, pre-cast concrete, and structural steel; laboratory testing; and engineering supervision and consultation.
Bel Air Auto Auction Stream Restoration Project, Harford County, MD
- Stream restoration design, construction observation and project management for a 75-foot section of severely degraded and eroded channel that flows into the preserved wetland area.
- State and federal wetland permits for permanent impacts to intermittent streams from development of the 175-acre Riverside East Business Park property.
- Grading and the installation of imbricated rip-rap toe rock around two eroded stream bends to minimize further scouring and erosion during storm events.
The Residences at Bulle Rock, Harford County, MD
- Geotechnical engineering, environmental consulting, and COT services for the 977-acre residential development.
- Services include testing for mass grading, SWM facilities, subsurface utilities, and monitoring lot fill treated with soil cement.
- Inspections of cast-in place concrete, foundations, reinforcing steel as well as structural steel inspections for clubhouse building & water tower.
- Observations for construction of a bottomless arch bridge, and construction of a reinforced soil slope and modular block retaining wall.
- Named HBA of MD, LDC, Project of the Year.
Village South at Waugh Chapel, Anne Arundel County, MD
- Drilling, lab testing, geotechnical engineering, environmental consulting, & COT services for the 100-acre, 1.2 million-SF residential, retail, & commercial development, located at the site of a former sand & gravel mine reclaimed with fly ash.
- Site issues encountered included: fly ash fill, loose fly ash, uncontrolled fill, a stump dump, a deep mined hole, a tall retaining wall on uncontrolled fill, an existing deep sewer with poor backfill, and a proposed deep sewer close to a building.
Principio Business Park & Warehouses, Cecil County, MD
- GTA provided geotechnical engineering and natural resource planning services in conjunction with the comprehensive master land use plan for large warehouse/distribution (up to 1,500,000 SF in size) and office uses at the 1,000-acre property with rail access and close proximity to I-95.
- Also provided geotechnical explorations and recommendations, natural resources planning, environmental consulting, & COT services for several parcels at the business park.