Market - Leisure & Hospitality
Iron Peak Sports and Events, Somerset, NJ
- New 200,000-SF indoor multi-sport training, recreation, events and entertainment center.
- GTA provided construction observation and testing services.
Avocet Tower, Montgomery County, MD
- GTA provided geotechnical and environmental consulting services.
- 22-story, 520,000-GSF mixed-use building with 220-key AC Hotel by Marriott, 370,000-SF office tower, and 2-story underground parking garage.
Plantation Lakes, Sussex County, DE
- Geotechnical engineering, environmental consulting, wetland delineation, hydrogeologic services, and construction observation and testing services for the 664-acre, 2,510-unit Residential Planned Community (RPC), 18-hole Championship Golf Course, and 22,000-SF award-winning clubhouse
Ripken Center, Stadium, and Courtyard & Residence Inn by Marriott, Aberdeen, MD
- Geotechnical engineering and COT services for the 155,000-SF, seven-story hotel, founded on 394 vibro-piers. Building design imitates the “Warehouse” building at Oriole Park at Camden Yards in Baltimore.
- Geotechnical engineering for the 44-acre summer camp including recommendations for foundations, slabs, retaining walls, pavements, and a stormwater management facility.
- Geotechnical engineering and COT services for the 6,300-seat Ripken Stadium, including the use of lime-stabilization of parking and drive areas for pavement support.
Sweet Air Park, Baltimore County, MD
- COT services during the development of the 30.6-acre park including pavilions, picnic areas, athletic fields, restrooms, a walking trail, parking lot, and Maryland State Highway Administration improvements.
- Observation and testing for stormwater management facilities, grading, topsoil, road fills, pavement sections, and concrete work.
- Laboratory testing of the soils, concrete, and asphalt materials used during construction.
Sportika, Manalapan Township, Monmouth County, NJ
- Performed a supplemental exploration to evaluate the extent of fill material across the location of the proposed sports complex, including excavation of shallow test pits and Dilatometer Tests (DMT).
- Geotechnical report summarizing results & recommendations for design & construction of proposed foundations & site improvements.
- COT services for the 170,000 SF of building with 90,000-SF indoor turf field & 7 basketball courts on 2 levels, and associated infrastructure.
Big Chill Beach Club, Sussex County, DE
- Public/private joint venture between DNREC and La Vida Hospitality Group.
- 200-seat oceanfront restaurant and event facility located at Delaware Seashore State Park.
- Geotechnical engineering; electronic Cone Penetration Test (CPT) soundings extending upwards to 100 feet deep; COT services including Class B timber and 12×12-inch concrete pile installation, vibration monitoring during pile installation, and site visits and reports for bank draws.
SpringHill Suites Uptown Hotel, Charlotte, NC
- GTA Associates, Inc. provided geotechnical engineering and construction observation and testing services for this 16-story, 195-key hotel.
Shoreline Restoration at Sunset Island, Ocean City, MD
- GTA provided construction observation, material testing, and annual monitoring services for this “Living Shoreline” restoration project including marsh plantings, sills, groins and jetties at Ocean City’s Sunset Island.
- In addition to the removal of a rubble-filled shoreline, mitigation measures included the complete removal of invasive common reed (Phragmites australis).
Horseshoe Casino, Baltimore City, MD
- Geophysical testing, geotechnical and environmental consulting for new two-story 140,000-SF casino and associated seven-level, 3,500-car, above grade parking garage.
- Relatively deep layer of fills and soft clayey soils required use of deep foundations. Subsurface explorations were in excess of 90 feet, where rock cores were obtained.
- Observed & evaluated several static & dynamic load tests on CFAs to develop installation criteria and allowable loads for CFAs of different diameters.