Market - Manufacturing / R&D
Dogfish Head Brewery, Sussex County, DE
- GTA provided subsurface exploration, geotechnical engineering, laboratory testing, and construction observation and testing (COT) services for Dogfish Head Brewery’s Bay 7 project.
- The project involved removal of an existing 4-inch thick slab and replacing it with 24-inch-thick reinforced concrete pads which would be used to support the weight of 20, 70-foot-tall tanks within an existing warehouse.
- Also provided COT services for a chiller addition and expansion of their wastewater treatment plant.
Chemours Discovery Hub, Newark, DE
- New three-story, 325,000-SF research facility.
- The project is a redevelopment of a portion of the former Chrysler manufacturing facility, now part of the University of Delaware’s Science Technology and Advanced Research (STAR) Campus.
- GTA provided environmental, geotechnical, construction observation and testing services.
Johnson Controls York County Office and Test Lab Campus, Shrewsbury, PA
- Geotechnical engineering, hydrogeologic and COT services for the $150M, 57-acre Applied Development & Engineering Center complex.
- Project includes a 107,000-SF, three-story office building, and a 286,000-SF, state-of-the-art testing and laboratory.
Cured Meat Facility, Freeland, PA
- Provided value engineering services for the foundation design of a heavily loaded concrete building that is used to process and cure specialty meats.
- Evaluated various foundation support methods and ultimately aided in the selection of rammed aggregate piers to improve extensive unsuitable soil conditions below one half of the building.
- Provided construction observation and testing services during installation of the piers and construction of the building.
Arm & Hammer Facility, York County, PA
- Provided geotechnical consultation, value engineering, and construction testing services for construction of a 1,100,000-sf manufacturing and warehouse facility.
- Prepared mix designs using lime to stabilize the clayey soils that were used as building pad fill.
- Recommended the use of full depth reclamation (FDR) for the one-half mile long entrance access roadway.
- COT services – structural fill, utilities, concrete, foundations, slabs, masonry, structural steel, & pavements.