Market - Mixed-Use
Atwater Village, Chester County, PA
- Geotechnical and environmental consulting and COT services for the 147-acre mixed-use development with 549 single, twin, and townhomes, nine apartment buildings, a daycare facility, and four commercial pad sites.
- Saved the client an estimated cost of over $2,000,000.
Village South at Waugh Chapel, Anne Arundel County, MD
- Drilling, lab testing, geotechnical engineering, environmental consulting, & COT services for the 100-acre, 1.2 million-SF residential, retail, & commercial development, located at the site of a former sand & gravel mine reclaimed with fly ash.
- Site issues encountered included: fly ash fill, loose fly ash, uncontrolled fill, a stump dump, a deep mined hole, a tall retaining wall on uncontrolled fill, an existing deep sewer with poor backfill, and a proposed deep sewer close to a building.
Creekside Village, Anne Arundel County, MD
- Geotechnical engineering, environmental consulting, COT services for the 161-acre community with 820 single-family homes and townhome lots, 208 apartment units within six buildings, two clubhouses, & two swimming pools.
- Named “Community of the Year,” by MBIA Land Development Council.
- Received the “Excellence in Construction Award, New Project Over $10 Million,” from Baltimore Metro Chapter of the Associated Builders and Contractors, Inc.
The Residences at Mid-Town Park, City of Wilmington, DE
- Subsurface exploration, laboratory testing, geotechnical engineering, and COT services.
- Shear wave tests and post construction dewatering recommendations for foundation and pavement design.
- 417,000-SF, 3 levels of underground parking for 511-cars, requiring excavations of about 32 to 44 feet.
- 5-story and a 7-story buildings connected by pedestrian bridge, retail, 198 apartment units, elevated courtyard, and resort-style swimming pool.
Sand & Gravel Mining Site Potential Redevelopment, Charles County, MD
- Planned mixed-use development at the site of an existing sand and gravel mine.
- GTA performed a combination of SPT, CPT, and DMT soundings to evaluate the engineering characteristics of the soils and determine their potential impact on development.
- GTA worked with the project team to devise several options/methods for construction of structures in areas which are underlain by the wash pond sediments.
Ballard Green, Baltimore County, MD
- The development plan for the 105-acre, 521-home mixed-use community called for depths of fill up to 12-18 feet over portions of existing gas pipelines.
- The gas company required detailed evaluation to ensure that the fill loads would not impact the pipelines.
- DMT soundings were used to estimate the soil stiffness and resulting settlement beneath each pipeline.
- GTA was able to more accurately estimate soil settlements resulting in a less conservative analysis.
Miller’s Court, Baltimore City, MD
- $20.3 M mixed-use redevelopment.
- Phase I and II Environmental Site Assessments as part of BDC’s Brownfield Initiative for the site.
- Samples collected from the site reported elevated concentrations of petroleum, volatile organic compounds, and metals in soil and groundwater. One 1,000-gallon gasoline UST, one 10,000-gallon AST, and 120 tons of petroleum impacted soil were removed from the site.
Union Mill, Baltimore City, MD
- Awards: WaveMaker Award – ULI Baltimore; Phoenix Award – Preservation MD; Brownfield Renewal Award/Sustainability Impact Category.
- Phase II Environmental Site Assessment for the $20 million redevelopment of a historic former industrial property into an 86,000-SF mixed-use facility containing 56 one and two-bedroom apartment units targeted to teachers, and 25,000 SF of office space designed for non-profit organizations.
- The site was entered into the MDE VCP.
Union Wharf, Baltimore City, MD
- Awards: Multifamily Community of the Year & Best Rental Apartment Community – NAHB; WaveMaker Award – Baltimore ULI.
- Phase I and II Environmental Site Assessments for the $72 million redevelopment of a former industrial property into an upscale, LEED Silver designed, mixed-use facility containing 281 apartments, 4,500-SF of retail space, and nearly 500 parking spaces.
- A geophysical evaluation included electromagnetic (EM) survey and ground-penetrating radar (GPR) to identify subsurface obstructions.
Tranquil Court, Charlotte, NC
- Development included a 4-story 104-unit condominium building and a 5-story, 62,000-sf retail and office building situated above a 1-story parking structure.
- GTA Associates, Inc.’s services included construction observation and testing of structural fills, concrete foundation and slabs, structural steel, masonry, asphalt, and a 6,500-sf soil nail wall.