Market - Office
Avocet Tower, Montgomery County, MD
- GTA provided geotechnical and environmental consulting services.
- 22-story, 520,000-GSF mixed-use building with 220-key AC Hotel by Marriott, 370,000-SF office tower, and 2-story underground parking garage.
2100 S. Tyron Street Office Building, Mecklenburg County, NC
- Four-story, 80,000-SF office building in the vibrant South End District of Charlotte.
- Geotechnical engineering, construction materials testing, and special inspections for the building and its surrounding site, including geo-pier foundation system design and installation monitoring.
Village South at Waugh Chapel, Anne Arundel County, MD
- Drilling, lab testing, geotechnical engineering, environmental consulting, & COT services for the 100-acre, 1.2 million-SF residential, retail, & commercial development, located at the site of a former sand & gravel mine reclaimed with fly ash.
- Site issues encountered included: fly ash fill, loose fly ash, uncontrolled fill, a stump dump, a deep mined hole, a tall retaining wall on uncontrolled fill, an existing deep sewer with poor backfill, and a proposed deep sewer close to a building.
M-NCPPC Wheaton Headquarters, Montgomery County, MD
- Environmental & geotechnical consulting during design, and environmental services during site excavation & construction.
- $170 million, 308,000-SF office building with a 4-story underground parking garage, 1st floor retail, 14-stories of office space, Town Square, and transit connection.
- USGBC LEED Platinum certified.
- A geothermal heating/cooling system was installed beneath the parking garage; this is one of the first such applications in MD.
Three City Center, Allentown, Lehigh County, PA
- Provided geotechnical services to facilitate the design and construction of the 166,000-SF, seven-story office/retail building in downtown Allentown.
- GTA was able to provide significant cost-savings through the use of a limited foundation over-excavation/replacement scheme combined with deeper soil improvement/void stabilization through the use of compaction grouting techniques.
Miller’s Court, Baltimore City, MD
- $20.3 M mixed-use redevelopment.
- Phase I and II Environmental Site Assessments as part of BDC’s Brownfield Initiative for the site.
- Samples collected from the site reported elevated concentrations of petroleum, volatile organic compounds, and metals in soil and groundwater. One 1,000-gallon gasoline UST, one 10,000-gallon AST, and 120 tons of petroleum impacted soil were removed from the site.
Union Mill, Baltimore City, MD
- Awards: WaveMaker Award – ULI Baltimore; Phoenix Award – Preservation MD; Brownfield Renewal Award/Sustainability Impact Category.
- Phase II Environmental Site Assessment for the $20 million redevelopment of a historic former industrial property into an 86,000-SF mixed-use facility containing 56 one and two-bedroom apartment units targeted to teachers, and 25,000 SF of office space designed for non-profit organizations.
- The site was entered into the MDE VCP.
Tranquil Court, Charlotte, NC
- Development included a 4-story 104-unit condominium building and a 5-story, 62,000-sf retail and office building situated above a 1-story parking structure.
- GTA Associates, Inc.’s services included construction observation and testing of structural fills, concrete foundation and slabs, structural steel, masonry, asphalt, and a 6,500-sf soil nail wall.
Four Seasons Hotel & Legg Mason Office Complex, Baltimore City, MD
- 22-Story luxury hotel and condominium tower and a 26-story office tower at Baltimore’s waterfront with 5-story below grade parking.
- Construction observation and testing included a slurry wall, mat foundation, post-tensioned concrete, micro-piles, caissons, and tie-back anchors.
- Geotechnical, environmental, and hydrogeological services including borings, monitoring wells, seismic analysis, and in-situ permeability testing.