Market - Oil & Natural Gas
Thomas Petroleum, Diesel Fuel Distribution Facility, Williston, ND
- Construction consisted of a one-story, slab-on-grade, 10,000 sf metal building and a tank farm consisting of four, 14-foot diameter, 50,000-gallon tanks.
- Provided subsurface exploration, laboratory testing, and engineering analysis and construction observation and testing services.
- Geotechnical evaluation included recommendations for foundation support, slab support, tank foundation/containment pad support, site grading, groundwater control, and utility construction.
Full-Depth Road Reclamation Design, OH, PA, & WV
- Provided design for reconstruction of over 750 miles of paved state, county, & municipal owned public roadways in Ohio, Pennsylvania, & West Virginia that were damaged by Marcellus/Utica Shale related drilling traffic.
- Performed initial evaluations of pavement condition and distress, plus test pit explorations to evaluate the pavement section and subgrade conditions.
- Designed specialty slope & wall stability systems to support areas of slope instability affecting public roads.
Compressor Station Surface Stabilization Projects, OH
- Provided geotechnical testing and design for the surface stabilization of three compressor stations pads in Ohio.
- Performed test pits to evaluate the surface and subsurface conditions and identify subgrade strength.
- Performed soil cement mix design testing to determine the approximate chemical mix required to stabilize the surface.