Market - Parks & Recreation
Sweet Air Park, Baltimore County, MD
- COT services during the development of the 30.6-acre park including pavilions, picnic areas, athletic fields, restrooms, a walking trail, parking lot, and Maryland State Highway Administration improvements.
- Observation and testing for stormwater management facilities, grading, topsoil, road fills, pavement sections, and concrete work.
- Laboratory testing of the soils, concrete, and asphalt materials used during construction.
Big Chill Beach Club, Sussex County, DE
- Public/private joint venture between DNREC and La Vida Hospitality Group.
- 200-seat oceanfront restaurant and event facility located at Delaware Seashore State Park.
- Geotechnical engineering; electronic Cone Penetration Test (CPT) soundings extending upwards to 100 feet deep; COT services including Class B timber and 12×12-inch concrete pile installation, vibration monitoring during pile installation, and site visits and reports for bank draws.
Shoreline Restoration at Sunset Island, Ocean City, MD
- GTA provided construction observation, material testing, and annual monitoring services for this “Living Shoreline” restoration project including marsh plantings, sills, groins and jetties at Ocean City’s Sunset Island.
- In addition to the removal of a rubble-filled shoreline, mitigation measures included the complete removal of invasive common reed (Phragmites australis).
Wilmington Country Club Water Impoundment Structure, Wilmington, DE
- Provided geotechnical engineering for the 21-million-gallon water impoundment structure at Wilmington Country Club.
- Services included subsurface exploration and well installation, groundwater monitoring, slope stability and seepage analysis, and earthwork recommendations during design and review of the earthwork and engineering consultation during construction.
Camelback Ski Resort Lodge & Indoor Waterpark, Tannersville, PA
- This $163 million development includes a 125,000 sf Aquatopia Indoor Waterpark, 45,000 sf Arcadia Family Adventure Center, and 8-story 453-room, ski-in/ski-out Lodge with 20,000-SF of meeting and conference space and 3 restaurants.
- Services included construction observation and testing as well as geotechnical consultation.
- Awarded ‘2015 Project of the Year’ by the Lehigh Valley Section of ASCE for Outstanding Civil Engineering.