Market - Roads & Highways
CBDTP Infrastructure and Toll Collection System, Manhattan, NY
- As part of an open-end contract awarded to TransCore by the Metro Transit Authority Bridges and Tunnel, GTA is providing geotechnical, environmental, and natural resource consulting, and construction observation and testing services associated with a new toll collection system and the infrastructure necessary to support the system.
The Residences at Bulle Rock, Harford County, MD
- Geotechnical engineering, environmental consulting, and COT services for the 977-acre residential development.
- Services include testing for mass grading, SWM facilities, subsurface utilities, and monitoring lot fill treated with soil cement.
- Inspections of cast-in place concrete, foundations, reinforcing steel as well as structural steel inspections for clubhouse building & water tower.
- Observations for construction of a bottomless arch bridge, and construction of a reinforced soil slope and modular block retaining wall.
- Named HBA of MD, LDC, Project of the Year.
Village South at Waugh Chapel, Anne Arundel County, MD
- Drilling, lab testing, geotechnical engineering, environmental consulting, & COT services for the 100-acre, 1.2 million-SF residential, retail, & commercial development, located at the site of a former sand & gravel mine reclaimed with fly ash.
- Site issues encountered included: fly ash fill, loose fly ash, uncontrolled fill, a stump dump, a deep mined hole, a tall retaining wall on uncontrolled fill, an existing deep sewer with poor backfill, and a proposed deep sewer close to a building.
Creekside Village, Anne Arundel County, MD
- Geotechnical engineering, environmental consulting, COT services for the 161-acre community with 820 single-family homes and townhome lots, 208 apartment units within six buildings, two clubhouses, & two swimming pools.
- Named “Community of the Year,” by MBIA Land Development Council.
- Received the “Excellence in Construction Award, New Project Over $10 Million,” from Baltimore Metro Chapter of the Associated Builders and Contractors, Inc.
Marcellus Shale, FDR Design, PA & WV
- Provided design for upgrade and/or reconstruction of approximately 57 different paved and unpaved state, county, and municipal owned public roadways in Pennsylvania that were damaged by Marcellus/Utica Shale related drilling traffic.
- Provided design for seven dirt and gravel roads, totaling 27 miles, through the Allegheny National Forest that will be subjected to heavy traffic from oil and gas drilling.
Full-Depth Road Reclamation Design, OH, PA, & WV
- Provided design for reconstruction of over 750 miles of paved state, county, & municipal owned public roadways in Ohio, Pennsylvania, & West Virginia that were damaged by Marcellus/Utica Shale related drilling traffic.
- Performed initial evaluations of pavement condition and distress, plus test pit explorations to evaluate the pavement section and subgrade conditions.
- Designed specialty slope & wall stability systems to support areas of slope instability affecting public roads.
Master Service Contracts for FDR Laboratory Testing, PA, WV, OH
- Full depth reclamation (FDR) mix design testing for over 700 miles of roadways in PA, WV, and OH for the oil and gas industry.
- The FDR process involves pulverizing the existing asphalt, aggregate base and subgrade soils and mixing them with cement and water to create a new subbase layer that will support the new asphalt pavement. This “green” process produces very little waste and is often more economical than conventional pavement replacement methods.