Market - Sports Complex
Iron Peak Sports and Events, Somerset, NJ
- New 200,000-SF indoor multi-sport training, recreation, events and entertainment center.
- GTA provided construction observation and testing services.
Ripken Center, Stadium, and Courtyard & Residence Inn by Marriott, Aberdeen, MD
- Geotechnical engineering and COT services for the 155,000-SF, seven-story hotel, founded on 394 vibro-piers. Building design imitates the “Warehouse” building at Oriole Park at Camden Yards in Baltimore.
- Geotechnical engineering for the 44-acre summer camp including recommendations for foundations, slabs, retaining walls, pavements, and a stormwater management facility.
- Geotechnical engineering and COT services for the 6,300-seat Ripken Stadium, including the use of lime-stabilization of parking and drive areas for pavement support.
Sweet Air Park, Baltimore County, MD
- COT services during the development of the 30.6-acre park including pavilions, picnic areas, athletic fields, restrooms, a walking trail, parking lot, and Maryland State Highway Administration improvements.
- Observation and testing for stormwater management facilities, grading, topsoil, road fills, pavement sections, and concrete work.
- Laboratory testing of the soils, concrete, and asphalt materials used during construction.
Sportika, Manalapan Township, Monmouth County, NJ
- Performed a supplemental exploration to evaluate the extent of fill material across the location of the proposed sports complex, including excavation of shallow test pits and Dilatometer Tests (DMT).
- Geotechnical report summarizing results & recommendations for design & construction of proposed foundations & site improvements.
- COT services for the 170,000 SF of building with 90,000-SF indoor turf field & 7 basketball courts on 2 levels, and associated infrastructure.