Ewing Town Center, Mercer County, NJ
- The new Ewing Town Center is planned to include 1,184 residential rental units, 94,750 SF of retail, 14,375 SF of offices, and a 10,000-SF clubhouse.
- GTA provided environmental consulting and Third Party Special Inspections during construction to help transform an 80-acre former industrial site in Ewing, NJ into a thriving mixed-use residential and commercial community.
ONE 22 ONE Office Tower, Davidson County, TN
- 24-story, 365,000-SF office building with Class AA office space, dining, retail, fitness center, conference center, 3 levels of below grade parking, and 10 levels above grade parking.
- GTA provided the geotechnical study, including recommendations pertaining to design of spread foundations on the bedrock surface, and construction observation and special inspections.
Avocet Tower, Montgomery County, MD
- GTA provided geotechnical and environmental consulting services.
- 22-story, 520,000-GSF mixed-use building with 220-key AC Hotel by Marriott, 370,000-SF office tower, and 2-story underground parking garage.
Yard 56, Baltimore City, MD
- Geotechnical engineering, environmental consulting, and construction observation and testing services for the 20-acre, award-winning mixed-use redevelopment of the former PEMCO Industrial manufacturing plant to include retail, office, and residential facilities.
- GTA worked to develop foundation and earthwork recommendations for structures supported in the native clayey soils, and an up to 40-foot-deep industrial landfill along the western portion of the property.
- Named “Best in Real Estate” by Baltimore Business Journal.
Avalon 555 President, Baltimore City, MD
- Geotechnical engineering, environmental consulting, and construction observation and testing services during construction of the foundation of the 23-story, 550,000-SF, 380-unit apartment building with ground level retail space, and seven-story parking garage.
- Geotechnical services included design of the drilled pier deep foundation system for the structure. GTA oversaw the installation and performance of over 100 drilled piers ranging from 2.5 to 5-foot diameter, and 50 to 120 feet.
2100 S. Tryon Street Office Building, Mecklenburg County, NC
- Four-story, 80,000-SF office building in the vibrant South End District of Charlotte.
- Geotechnical engineering, construction materials testing, and special inspections for the building and its surrounding site, including geo-pier foundation system design and installation monitoring.
The Highlands, Arlington County, VA
- Part of the West Rosslyn Area Plan Study (WRAPS), a County-driven and community-involved redevelopment opportunity.
- Geotechnical engineering, environmental consulting, and COT services for the 1,200,000-SF above grade complex with three high-rise towers containing upscale condominium and luxury apartment communities, and ground floor retail. The complex also includes four levels of below grade parking for approximately 1,050 cars.
Village South at Waugh Chapel, Anne Arundel County, MD
- Drilling, lab testing, geotechnical engineering, environmental consulting, & COT services for the 100-acre, 1.2 million-SF residential, retail, & commercial development, located at the site of a former sand & gravel mine reclaimed with fly ash.
- Site issues encountered included: fly ash fill, loose fly ash, uncontrolled fill, a stump dump, a deep mined hole, a tall retaining wall on uncontrolled fill, an existing deep sewer with poor backfill, and a proposed deep sewer close to a building.
M-NCPPC Wheaton Headquarters, Montgomery County, MD
- Environmental & geotechnical consulting during design, and environmental services during site excavation & construction.
- $170 million, 308,000-SF office building with a 4-story underground parking garage, 1st floor retail, 14-stories of office space, Town Square, and transit connection.
- USGBC LEED Platinum certified.
- A geothermal heating/cooling system was installed beneath the parking garage; this is one of the first such applications in MD.
Big Chill Beach Club, Sussex County, DE
- Public/private joint venture between DNREC and La Vida Hospitality Group.
- 200-seat oceanfront restaurant and event facility located at Delaware Seashore State Park.
- Geotechnical engineering; electronic Cone Penetration Test (CPT) soundings extending upwards to 100 feet deep; COT services including Class B timber and 12×12-inch concrete pile installation, vibration monitoring during pile installation, and site visits and reports for bank draws.
The Residences at Mid-Town Park, City of Wilmington, DE
- Subsurface exploration, laboratory testing, geotechnical engineering, and COT services.
- Shear wave tests and post construction dewatering recommendations for foundation and pavement design.
- 417,000-SF, 3 levels of underground parking for 511-cars, requiring excavations of about 32 to 44 feet.
- 5-story and a 7-story buildings connected by pedestrian bridge, retail, 198 apartment units, elevated courtyard, and resort-style swimming pool.
6410 Arlington Boulevard, Falls Church, VA
- Geotechnical engineering, retaining wall design, environmental consulting, & COT services for 2 stories of below-grade parking, & 5 stories above-grade w/ apartments, retail, & townhouses.
- Obstacles included adjacent parking garage w/ uncertain foundation conditions, adjacent below grade parking garage which could not receive additional lateral loading, existing fill and loose, wet soil conditions.
- COT for this project fell under the stringent guidelines of Fairfax County’s Special Inspection Program.
Point Street Apartments, Baltimore City, MD
- Geotechnical engineering, environmental consulting, and COT services for the 270,000-SF, 17-story apartment building with a one-level, 40,000-SF below grade parking garage, and 18,000 SF of retail space on the first floor.
- The foundations for the project include over 300 driven, environmental concentric closed-end steel pipe piles filled with concrete.
Waugh Chapel South Building 11, Crofton, MD
- Three-story steel framed building is situated over controlled fills and native soils at a former sand and gravel mine.
- GTA performed design-phase exploration for the building. GTA’s exploration included two in-situ dilatometer soundings. The results of the DMT soundings allowed us to significantly increase the allowable bearing pressure that was previously assigned, based on Standard Penetration Test (SPT) data, resulting in reduced footing sizes, and construction cost savings.
Sand & Gravel Mining Site Potential Redevelopment, Charles County, MD
- Planned mixed-use development at the site of an existing sand and gravel mine.
- GTA performed a combination of SPT, CPT, and DMT soundings to evaluate the engineering characteristics of the soils and determine their potential impact on development.
- GTA worked with the project team to devise several options/methods for construction of structures in areas which are underlain by the wash pond sediments.
Three City Center, Allentown, Lehigh County, PA
- Provided geotechnical services to facilitate the design and construction of the 166,000-SF, seven-story office/retail building in downtown Allentown.
- GTA was able to provide significant cost-savings through the use of a limited foundation over-excavation/replacement scheme combined with deeper soil improvement/void stabilization through the use of compaction grouting techniques.
Sinkhole Remediation for Retail Store, York, PA
- Provided exploration and recommendations to minimize the damage caused by sinkhole formation within an active retail store loading dock area.
- Recommended a temporary solution to backfill the void below the loading dock, allowing the trailers to be parked safely.
- Prepared a subsequent plan of compaction grouting involving 82 individual grout points, and approximately 260 cubic yards of grout.
Miller’s Court, Baltimore City, MD
- $20.3 M mixed-use redevelopment.
- Phase I and II Environmental Site Assessments as part of BDC’s Brownfield Initiative for the site.
- Samples collected from the site reported elevated concentrations of petroleum, volatile organic compounds, and metals in soil and groundwater. One 1,000-gallon gasoline UST, one 10,000-gallon AST, and 120 tons of petroleum impacted soil were removed from the site.
Union Mill, Baltimore City, MD
- Awards: WaveMaker Award – ULI Baltimore; Phoenix Award – Preservation MD; Brownfield Renewal Award/Sustainability Impact Category.
- Phase II Environmental Site Assessment for the $20 million redevelopment of a historic former industrial property into an 86,000-SF mixed-use facility containing 56 one and two-bedroom apartment units targeted to teachers, and 25,000 SF of office space designed for non-profit organizations.
- The site was entered into the MDE VCP.
Union Wharf, Baltimore City, MD
- Awards: Multifamily Community of the Year & Best Rental Apartment Community – NAHB; WaveMaker Award – Baltimore ULI.
- Phase I and II Environmental Site Assessments for the $72 million redevelopment of a former industrial property into an upscale, LEED Silver designed, mixed-use facility containing 281 apartments, 4,500-SF of retail space, and nearly 500 parking spaces.
- A geophysical evaluation included electromagnetic (EM) survey and ground-penetrating radar (GPR) to identify subsurface obstructions.
The Shops at Canton Crossing, Baltimore City, MD
- A former petroleum plant refinery and distribution/bulk storage, asphalt plant, and a bulk storage terminal in Baltimore was redevelopment into 325,000 SF of retail including a Target and Old Navy. Received 3 Awards of Excellence by NAIOP, MD Chapter.
- GTA performed Phase I and Phase II Environmental Site Assessments.
- GTA submitted site documentation to the Maryland’s Voluntary Cleanup Program (VCP) and developed a Response Action Plan (RAP) approved by MDE on an expedited turn-around time.
Tranquil Court, Charlotte, NC
- Development included a 4-story 104-unit condominium building and a 5-story, 62,000-sf retail and office building situated above a 1-story parking structure.
- GTA Associates, Inc.’s services included construction observation and testing of structural fills, concrete foundation and slabs, structural steel, masonry, asphalt, and a 6,500-sf soil nail wall.
Liberty Harbor East, Baltimore City, MD
- Geotechnical and environmental consulting for the 23-story, 750,000-SF, mixed-use building with apartments, condominiums, retail, and parking.
- COT services and environmental consulting during construction of building’s foundation.
- Instrumentation and monitoring plan to monitor settlement of a century old brick-lined stormwater tunnel supported on timber piles, located less than 10 feet from the proposed 3- to 6-foot diameter caissons.
Mariner Bay at Annapolis Towne Centre, Building 2, Anne Arundel County, MD
- Subsurface explorations including SPT borings, seismic Cone Penetration Test soundings, and test pits.
- 12-story mixed-use facility including 208 luxury apartments, 95,000 SF of retail, and 1,000-car parking structure.
- The seismic CPT soundings allowed GTA to improve the seismic site class for the site resulting in a cost-effective structural design.
- Construction phase observation and testing services.
Four Seasons Hotel & Legg Mason Office Complex, Baltimore City, MD
- 22-Story luxury hotel and condominium tower and a 26-story office tower at Baltimore’s waterfront with 5-story below grade parking.
- Construction observation and testing included a slurry wall, mat foundation, post-tensioned concrete, micro-piles, caissons, and tie-back anchors.
- Geotechnical, environmental, and hydrogeological services including borings, monitoring wells, seismic analysis, and in-situ permeability testing.