Wanaque Municipal Building, Wanaque, NJ
- Subsurface exploration, geotechnical engineering, and environmental consulting services.
- New City Hall and Police Station with two 9,000-SF floors plus a half-occupied basement (27,000 SF).
- The facility houses administrative offices, the Municipal Court, and the Police Department.
Wheaton Triangle Office Building, Montgomery County, MD
- Environmental & geotechnical consulting during design, and environmental services during site excavation & construction.
- $170 million, 489,714-SF office building with a 4-story underground parking garage, 1st floor retail, 14-stories of office space, Town Square, and transit connection.
- New headquarters of M-NCPPC.
- A geothermal heating/cooling system will be located beneath the parking garage, one of the first such applications in MD.
Woodlawn Heights Public Library Addition and Renovation, Bronx, NY
- GTA-NY worked with the New York Public Library and New York Department of Design and Construction on the proposed renovation and addition.
- Our services included providing geotechnical design and construction recommendations for new foundation elements.
- We provided design alternatives to address an existing retaining wall foundation which encroached the proposed footprint of the library addition.
University of Delaware, Campus Utility Plant Supply Well, Newark, DE
- Performed exploratory drilling to evaluate the potential for locating a new UDCUP water supply well.
- Performed a 48-hour pumping test on the existing UDCUP well to evaluate the potential for increasing the permitted well withdrawal rates.
- GTA coordinated efforts with the City of Newark Director of Public Works and DNREC.
- GTA prepared a Water Allocation Permit Modification for increased withdrawal based on the results of our evaluation.
Big Chill Beach Club, Sussex County, DE
- Public/private joint venture between DNREC and La Vida Hospitality Group.
- 200-seat oceanfront restaurant and event facility located at Delaware Seashore State Park.
- Geotechnical engineering; electronic Cone Penetration Test (CPT) soundings extending upwards to 100 feet deep; COT services including Class B timber and 12×12-inch concrete pile installation, vibration monitoring during pile installation, and site visits and reports for bank draws.
Dover Air Force Base, Air Traffic Control Tower Replacement, Dover, DE
- Subsurface exploration and COT services for a new 9-level Air Traffic Control Tower.
- Geotechnical investigation included a 120-foot-deep boring for evaluation of deep foundation options.
- Special inspections during construction consisted of concrete testing, structural steel inspection, and evaluation of fire-proofing materials.
- Structural steel observations during the demolition of the former Air Traffic Control Tower.
Naval Weapons Station Earle, Water Storage Tank Replacement, Monmouth County, NJ
- COT services for the 275’ tall, 0.15 MG structure including steel driven pile installation operations; load tests; data collection including type & size of drill rig, pile hammer, rate of penetration, type & dimensions of the piles, tip depth below the ground surface; observation of reinforcing steel & observation & sampling of cast-in-place concrete for foundation; subgrade preparation; structural fill; backfill placement; utility backfill; and pavement COT services.
Charter School Revetment Wall, Bronx, NY
- An exposed rock outcrop was located 3-5’ from the rear of the existing school. Water had infiltrated the joints in the bedrock and subsequent freeze-thaw cycles had caused the joints to open. The orientation of the joints in the bedrock had created a toppling hazard. GTA-NY evaluated the rock conditions and developed plans for a reinforced concrete revetment wall. GTA-NY then oversaw the hand excavation of the bedrock and construction of the concrete revetment wall.
APG, Littoral Warfare Environmental Test Facility, APG, MD
- 400’ x 100’, 20’‑deep, excavated pond with a 6’ wave machine for testing amphibious vehicles for beachfront assaults at Aberdeen Proving Grounds, MD.
- Services included geotechnical explorations and recommendations, design of a 32’ tall reinforced earth retaining wall, and slope stability analysis for the dynamic forces imposed by underwater charges of up to 500 pounds of TNT equivalent.
- Piezometers were installed to depths of 50’ to evaluate groundwater levels.
Woodbridge High School, Sussex County, DE
- A new high school building and campus including a partial two-story school building with an approximate 150,000-SF footprint with a gymnasium, several outbuildings, drive lanes, parking areas, & SWM.
- Geotechnical services included recommendations for foundation, slab & pavement support; grading; groundwater control, & utility construction.
- Construction testing for soil, concrete, structural steel, masonry, and hot mix asphalt construction.