- Geotechnical engineering, environmental consulting, and construction observation and testing services during construction of the foundation of the 23-story, 550,000-SF, 380-unit apartment building with ground level retail space, and seven-story parking garage.
- Geotechnical services included design of the drilled pier deep foundation system for the structure. GTA oversaw the installation and performance of over 100 drilled piers ranging from 2.5 to 5-foot diameter, and 50 to 120 feet.
Horseshoe Casino, Baltimore City, MD
- Geophysical testing, geotechnical and environmental consulting for new two-story 140,000-SF casino and associated seven-level, 3,500-car, above grade parking garage.
- Relatively deep layer of fills and soft clayey soils required use of deep foundations. Subsurface explorations were in excess of 90 feet, where rock cores were obtained.
- Observed & evaluated several static & dynamic load tests on CFAs to develop installation criteria and allowable loads for CFAs of different diameters.