- Geotechnical engineering and COT services for the 155,000-SF, seven-story hotel, founded on 394 vibro-piers. Building design imitates the “Warehouse” building at Oriole Park at Camden Yards in Baltimore.
- Geotechnical engineering for the 44-acre summer camp including recommendations for foundations, slabs, retaining walls, pavements, and a stormwater management facility.
- Geotechnical engineering and COT services for the 6,300-seat Ripken Stadium, including the use of lime-stabilization of parking and drive areas for pavement support.
Cured Meat Facility, Freeland, PA
- Provided value engineering services for the foundation design of a heavily loaded concrete building that is used to process and cure specialty meats.
- Evaluated various foundation support methods and ultimately aided in the selection of rammed aggregate piers to improve extensive unsuitable soil conditions below one half of the building.
- Provided construction observation and testing services during installation of the piers and construction of the building.
Three City Center, Allentown, Lehigh County, PA
- Provided geotechnical services to facilitate the design and construction of the 166,000-SF, seven-story office/retail building in downtown Allentown.
- GTA was able to provide significant cost-savings through the use of a limited foundation over-excavation/replacement scheme combined with deeper soil improvement/void stabilization through the use of compaction grouting techniques.
Nanticoke Distressed Slope, Sussex County, DE
- Retained to provide geotechnical engineering services for design and construction of slope stabilization measures for a 25-foot-high natural slope on the Nanticoke River.
- Evaluation included subsurface explorations, laboratory testing and slope stability analyses to evaluate the landslide.
- Assisted with development of plans for increasing the stability of the existing slope including drains to lower the water elevations, and plantings along the face and shoreline toe.