Market - Warehouse
Principio Business Park & Warehouses, Cecil County, MD
- GTA provided geotechnical engineering and natural resource planning services in conjunction with the comprehensive master land use plan for large warehouse/distribution (up to 1,500,000 SF in size) and office uses at the 1,000-acre property with rail access and close proximity to I-95.
- Also provided geotechnical explorations and recommendations, natural resources planning, environmental consulting, & COT services for several parcels at the business park.
Hanover Ridge Trade Center, Luzerne County, PA
- 175-acre reclaimed mining site redevelopment to include several warehouses totaling 2,000,000+ SF.
- Subsurface explorations, laboratory testing, geophysical (ERI & EM) surveys, and geotechnical evaluation, and COT services.
- 32 test pits, 50 site wide SPT test borings, and several deep borings.
- GTA’s recommendations included dynamic compaction (over 2 million SF) and shallow foundations, deep surface compaction, and slope reconstruction.
H & S Bakery, Distribution Center at Hollander Ridge, Baltimore City, MD
- New 28,000-SF Baltimore City Green Standard (LEED Silver equivalent) warehouse and distribution facility, plus a separate 6,400-SF truck maintenance facility designed to accept propane and gasoline powered vehicles.
- Services include subsurface exploration, laboratory testing, geotechnical engineering, Phase I and II Environmental Site Assessments, and construction observation and testing services.
Arm & Hammer Facility, York County, PA
- Provided geotechnical consultation, value engineering, and construction testing services for construction of a 1,100,000-sf manufacturing and warehouse facility.
- Prepared mix designs using lime to stabilize the clayey soils that were used as building pad fill.
- Recommended the use of full depth reclamation (FDR) for the one-half mile long entrance access roadway.
- COT services – structural fill, utilities, concrete, foundations, slabs, masonry, structural steel, & pavements.